(*) Last updated on June 27th, 2018.
Table of Contents
- Which Ninja Blender Is Best For Home Users?
- Top 5 Criteria To Compare Ninja Blenders
- Grouping Of Ninja Models
- Qualifying Round
- Final Round
- Wrap Up
Hi, I’m Abigail. I am a food enthusiast, especially loved green smoothies and salads.
It’s been some years now since I have been more conscious of what I eat and drink. In other words, I have gone the healthier route. I do exercise and eat healthy daily.
I have used Ninja blender for everything like smoothies, sauces, and even soups. I have also prepared baby food for my daughter, Sophia with my Ninja.
Which Ninja Blender Is Best For Home Users?
We have many blender brands on the market.
Understandably, there are higher-end brands with hefty price tags and flashy buttons.
I think they are better suited for commercial use, but for personal use, I would rather have a mid-priced blender with lesser bells and whistles like Ninja brand but can do a great job in making my smoothies, shakes, purees, and so on.
With my knowledge and experience, I will compare Ninja blenders together to clarify the differences between them, based on which you can find the best Ninja model for you.
What are your needs?
I think your needs and I have similarities:
- I prepare nutritious meals for my family, so I use vegetables in our soup and dishes;
- I make healthy and delicious fruit smoothies, and I want it done fast and efficiently since I usually take it with me to the gym;
- Other times, I mix in protein shakes instead of smoothies, and again, I like to do this efficiently and conveniently;
- I puree baby foods for my niece using vegetables and fruits that are in season;
- For the bigger children who don’t like to eat vegetables and fruits, I puree them to hide them.
The value of a top Ninja blender
The Ninja blenders are not limited to just making smoothies, shakes, and purees.
They can practically do anything with fruits and vegetables, like soups, sauces, and ice creams.
I also use my Ninjas to crush ice into smaller bits. Or to make excellent cuts of green leafy vegetables or nuts.
Off-hand, I highly recommend the following top-quality Ninja blenders:
What is my basis for such recommendation?
I used five criteria or aspects in evaluating and comparing between different Ninja blenders.
Top 5 Criteria To Compare Ninja Blenders
- 1- Cost
- 2- Performance
- 3- Effectiveness
- 4- Ability
- 5- Size
- We always talk in numbers, and here is an excellent place to start as it narrows down your choices.
- In general, Ninja blenders are mid-priced. They are not as expensive as Vitamix, but they are also a bit more costly than ordinary countertop blenders.
- Shark Ninja, the maker of Ninja blenders, boasts of its auto-IQ technology found in some of its models. The auto-IQ is one feature cannot found in ordinary blenders.
- This technology allows you to pre-program the functions you need, so there is consistency in standards and quality. It also makes the job easier and faster.
- In this aspect, we are looking for speed and power. We want the job done fast and right.
- Power in a Ninja blender means it can pulverize the food finely as you want it.
- Like in smoothies, I want it really smooth, without chunks as it would block the straw.
- Speed is critical as well because we want to be out of the door a.s.a.p.
For Ninja blenders, there are different models with varying power, measured by their wattage.
For instance, any model with less than 1,000 watts would not have the power to crush ice, and we should only use them for basic smoothies.
- When you are a home user like me, we want to make good, healthy food for our family. When choosing a Ninja blender, we already have in mind what its intended use would be.
- For instance, a family with a baby will undoubtedly use their Ninja blender to make baby food.
- A health nut, like me, would be particular about protein shakes and smoothies prepared fast.
If you read further on, you will see we have categorized the Ninja blenders based on their prices. We can also classify them using other aspects, like:
- For usage – manual vs. auto-IQ function;
- For speed – one speed setting vs. multi-speed levels;
- For motor power – able to crush hard objects vs. soft foods;
- For size – single serve vs. multi-capacity;
- For functionality – basic functions (blending and mixing) vs. multi-functions (chopping, making soups…).
Each model has its pros and cons, and we will dwell on it in detail when we compare the different Ninja blenders.
- In the first consideration, it is a choice between single-serve and large capacity for multi-servings.
- I started with single-serve to make my protein shakes and smoothies, but as I found various uses for my Ninja blender, I got a bigger size to accommodate my growing needs.
- Most of us keep our Ninja blenders in the kitchen, so we also have to consider counter space or shelf space.
- Some like to bring their Ninja blenders when traveling or camping, so portability is a consideration.
Grouping Of Ninja Models
This classification is based on COST + POWER.
Logically as you get what you pay for so the higher the price, it follows it would have better and more advanced features.
I will classify Ninja blenders into three favorite groups of fish as follows:
- Small Fish
- Big Fish
Let’s check the results of my draw:
The first group is
1) Small Fish Group
This is the group of great personal, single-serve Ninja blenders.
They were born for those who wanted to:
- Healthy smoothies for breakfast;
- Make protein shakes for workout;
- Complete the above tasks quickly (less than a minute);
- Minimize cleaning effort;
- A compact blender;
- Convenient takeaway drinks.
The most prominent models to represent the group are:
Let’s go on…
Quick Nutri Ninja comparison chart
Detailed Nutri Ninja comparison & reviews
The Auto-iQ Nutri Ninja is priced higher than the Nutri Ninja Pro (manual model).
About power and effectiveness:
The Auto-iQ Ninja has a higher power than the Nutri Ninja Pro, but there is no significant difference in performance between the two models.
Both Ninja blenders can make cool smoothies with a few ice cubes quickly.
They are strong enough to cut through and pulverize even hard ginger roots and any other fruits or vegetables.
Both models are useful in the preparation of smoothies and protein shakes. But I noticed the Nutri Ninja Pro works more stable than the auto-iQ Nutri Ninja.
These two guys are similar in ability, but the Ninja BL482 is smarter than the Ninja BL455.
The BL482 model has IQ features meaning you can pre-set options so you can blend smoothies with just one press of the button.
And you can do other stuff while it prepares your smoothies. That is the hands-free feature.
With Ninja BL456 model, you need to press and hold your cup to blend.
The auto Ninja BL482 has two-speed levels, while the Ninja BL456 has only one speed, so it offers more options.
Also, I found out that the BL456 model works quieter than the auto-iQ BL482 model.
I think the main reason is that we have to keep the cup when blending. That reduces vibration and noise.
In a nutshell, the hands-free auto feature is not really necessary for me.
The cycle of blending with the Nutri Ninja Pro lasts only 30 to 40 seconds (less than a minute), and in such a short time I do not want to do anything else but focus on tracking my mixture.
The 32oz. Cup is a handy addition to consider. We can quickly make drinks for three at one time.
But personally I do not often use the large Ninja cup because it’s too big, its size does not fit my backpack and cup holder in my car.
I only use it when I want to make a smoothie for my whole family at once to save time.
Which Nutri Ninja model is best?
Since I like to prepare my own food, I am a control-freak even with my smoothies and protein shakes.
On that premise, I prefer the Nutri Ninja Pro (BL456) because of its simplicity:
- I can decide as I go along how fine or smooth that I want my smoothies or shakes.
- I like to stop, open the blending jar, taste, decide to put in more fruits or maybe honey…
- After that put the lid back on, blend and do the whole process of stopping, opening all over again until I get the taste and consistency I prefer at that particular time.
- My preferences vary depending on the fruits and my mood for that day, and the Nutri Ninja Pro gives me the flexibility to work it.
The Nutri Ninja Pro is my best personal blender for single serving!
Next is the second group,
2) Big Fish Group
Members of this group are bigger fishes than Nutri Ninja Pro.
The big fishes are 2-in-1 Ninja blenders, of full size.
When compared to the Nutri Ninja models, we will see them:
- Have higher power;
- Have larger capacity;
- Have bigger size;
- Have more functions.
Two of the best Ninja “big fishes” have to mention:
Let’s take a look in more detail…
Quick 2-in-1 Ninja blender comparison chart
Detailed 2-in-1 Ninja blender comparison & reviews
From the comparison chart above, you can see the two Ninja guys quite similar.
The power of the Ninja Auto BL642 is slightly higher than the Ninja BL660 (1200 watts vs. 1100 watts).
However, when operating at different levels of speed, there is no difference in performance between the two models.
They are all great blenders for crushing ice and frozen fruits quickly.
The mixtures they have created have the same fineness and smoothness (the results have been tested for both XL pitcher and single-serve cups).
The Ninja BL642 is the more advanced and versatile model than the BL660 model.
Besides three manual control mode, the BL642 model is also equipped with the automatic features like BLEND, ULTRA BLEND, PULSE, PUREE and FROZEN SMOOTHIES.
The automatic features help you not have to guess the results that all were pre-programmed regarding time and fineness.
The Ninja Auto-iQ BL642 is useful for those who love automation technology.
However, the simplicity of the BL660 model is also an advantage of it. We can completely control the creation of our drinks in our own way.
The Ninja BL660’s single-serve button is handy for individuals making smoothies and protein shakes in the to-go cups.
Personally, it is the feature that I use most to make super-nutritious drinks for breakfasts and after workouts. I love it 😀
We are talking about cups and lids.
The Auto-iQ BL642 model offers you three different cup sizes.
That will meet your needs more than small-size cups of the Ninja BL660.
Which is the best 2-in-1 Ninja blender?
This is a difficult battle between the two Ninja fighters. Each Ninja has its own strengths.
However, there are reasons for choosing the Ninja BL660 as the winner.
- More affordable than the Ninja BL642;
- Very easy to use;
- Essential single-serve function;
- The BL660 base is more compact than the BL642, so it takes up less space on my counters and cabinets.
Also, on preferences, the Auto features are not really needed for me, who love making personalized smoothies. That means I want to control my blender completely.
I highly recommend the Ninja BL660 for those who want to own the best 2-in-1 Ninja model to
- crush ice cubes,
- liquefy frozen fruits,
- make great single-serve drinks,
- chop vegetables,
- and make peanut butter, salsa.
Next are the giants…
3) Shark Group
This group features the all-in-one systems of full-size Ninja blenders for food prep and blending, and the most typical models for this group are:
Now let’s explore these sharks to find out why they can completely swallow the fishes above…
- Motor power: 1500 watts;
- Dubbed as the best professional-quality Ninja blender (comparable to higher-priced brands but at half the price);
- With powerful, high-tech blades;
- With pulse feature, option for manual operation;
- With 10 pre-set auto IQ programs;
- With 10 speed levels;
- With timer so you can monitor how far along it is;
- Big pitcher capacity (72 oz.);
- Can blend hot ingredients like for soup, with its soup function;
- Has an easy clean feature that cleans up with just one touch of a button, soap and water;
- Has suctioned feet to keep in place;
- Great kitchen system for a large family with its big pitcher capacity. It can make baby food, smoothies, soups and do other food preparations;
- I LIKE: not only can it make smoothies, but is also a very effective food processor for all things including baking requirements like milling flour. This model has also an impressive design that comes with powerful engine + ability to customize the speed;
- I DON’T LIKE MUCH: there is but a small spout in the pitcher and pouring out the food can be a bit messy, but if you use a spatula or spoon to scoop it out or to control it going down, then it makes less mess. Also, the CT805 does not come with a single-server part.
- Motor power: 1500 watts;
- Dubbed as the best manual Ninja kitchen system (with food prep);
- Features 3 speed options;
- As it comes complete as a system, it is able to tackle all blending, mixing, cooking and baking jobs;
- Pitcher is also big sized 72 oz., but it comes with a food processor bowl (64 oz.);
- Unit comes with accessories like dough hook, Ninja cups and lids;
- This unit can be for home use, but also for professional cooks who are starting up a food business. It is great for food preparations with its big size and the big sized pitcher and food bowl;
- I LIKE: there is no need to stop, open, mix the ingredients then re-start. With this unit, it just blends and mixes beautifully, and makes out very smooth smoothies;
- I DON’T LIKE MUCH: as a whole system, it requires more space than usual; be careful when using the stacked blades because they are not fixed anywhere.
Detailed comparison (Ninja Chef vs. Ninja Mega Kitchen)
The initial cost of CT805 is slightly higher than the BL770 model. However, with a top-notch Ninja model like CT805, I am very willing to pay that amount. You get what you pay for!
Both models have the powerful 1500 watts motor that can literally pulverize ice, vegetables, and fruits. It beautifully works even on leafy vegetables, tougher root crops, and stems.
The difference in performance between the two Ninja models lies in the speed and the blade. The CT805 has the latest generation of blades so you can make hot soup easily when using its highest speed while the BL770 is not.
Both units are for large-sized families because of the big pitchers and the high-powered motor that can make quick work of the fruits and vegetables. It can make baby food, the youngster’s fruit smoothies, and the adult’s salsa or soups.
However, you want to explore the world of flavor, want to create the perfect smoothies like professional chefs, you should choose the Ninja CT805 model.
Ninja Chef Blender (CT805) has auto-IQ features, but also with the option to go manual. This flexibility is great and works best. The Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) is fully manual, and although it is efficient, having flexibility and options is always a good thing.
With an impressive food processing bowl, the Ninja Mega BL770 satisfies all of your chopping and dough making needs.
The Ninja Chef CT805 model can do everything you want, even making hot soup. However, the Ninja blender will be perfect if single-serve parts are included. Its self-cleaning program is also a useful addition.
Ninja Chef CT805 is a bit bulkier than Ninja Mega BL770. Both units include the 72 oz. pitcher, but the Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) includes a 64 oz. food processor bowl, which is great for milling or mixing for baking.
Ninja Chef Blender (CT805) wins this round, and in my opinion, is the best full-size Ninja blender. It is powerful with the 1,500 watts motor, does the job at high speed and efficiently. It is sleek and modern in design.
The size is perfect for use in a big-sized family, able to address needs of different age groups from baby food to fruit smoothies, protein shakes and zesty margaritas. The CT805 Ninja gives you great results for all your input materials, similar to the high-end blenders in the market.
And again, I like that I can control the functions with its manual mode, but should I need to, I can also choose its auto IQ features. Great combination!
Let’s round up the three choices I have made from the different sized Ninja models:
This final round, we ask the question, so which Ninja blender should I buy?
Let us break it down and base the comparison on three KEY aspects:
- Power and Speed
1. Power and Speed
- In motor size, the smallest is the Nutri Ninja Pro with 1000 watts. Next bigger is the Ninja Professional (BL660) with 1,100 watts, and finally, the biggest power is the Ninja Chef (1500 watts).
- Another basis for speed is the differences in the blades of the unit. The Nutri Ninja Pro has three blades. The Ninja Professional (BL660) has state-of-the-art six blades technology. While this model possesses the latest Ninja blade, it is very effective and does not have the defects of the stacked blade.
- All these models are able to do the job efficiently but the differences would be in the timing. With Nutri Ninja Pro, you cannot change its default speed, while Ninja Professional (BL660) has 3-speed options and Ninja Chef (CT805) has 10 manual speed settings.
In this aspect, my personal choice is the Ninja Chef (CT805) because of its motor power and the range of speed it offers.
- Nutri Ninja Pro is the best blender for single-serve protein shakes and smoothies. It has the Nutrient and Vitamin Extraction feature that unlocks all nutritional benefits from fruits and vegetables. For a small machine, it can satisfactorily pulverize ice for smoothies.
- Ninja Professional (BL660) has the same efficiency with a bigger, more powerful motor, which gets the job done faster especially with its 6-blades technology. Its Pulse function allows the fruits and vegetables to float down in between spins to make sure every bit is cut and blended. The BL660 Ninja is also a good chopping machine.
- Ninja Chef (CT805) has the best feature of making you choose between auto-IQ function and manual function. Auto IQ allows the only one-button operation to get pre-set functions, which is great for consistent quality, and if you are in a rush, doing stuff in between making your protein shakes. However, its manual operation also allows you to flexibility to suit the taste and consistency of your present mood. The CT805’s superior power helps you achieve the perfect results in your kitchen.
- Nutri Ninja (BL455) comes with one 24 oz., one 18 oz. and one 12 oz. Nutri Ninja Cup with Sip & Seal Lids – all great for single serve smoothies. Ninja Professional (BL660) includes a bigger 72oz jar and two smoothie cups so you can prepare smoothies for more people. Ninja Chef (CT805) also has the big 72 oz. pitcher but without cups.
In ability aspect, my personal choice is the Ninja Chef (CT805) because of its optional functions of auto-IQ or manual. It beautifully blends, pulverizes food to make great smoothies, salsa, soups, baby food at great speed and best performance. Its pitcher size is big enough for multiple servings, and you can buy single-serve cups separately. The CT805 model meets all the needs of home user.
- The Nutri Ninja Pro undeniably wins this last aspect because of its very portable, compact size. It only weighs 6.65 lbs.
- Ninja Professional is 9.96 lbs. heavy with its sleek, vertical design.
- Ninja Chef weighs 10.33 lbs., with its weight mostly on its base where the big motor is.
The Nutri Ninja Pro is a perfect size for single-serve smoothies or shakes. It takes up such a small space it can work even in a college dormitory.
All the Ninja models featured here are of top quality give optimum performance.
The best Ninja blender for you would really depend 100% on your budget and needs.
(*) If you are a college student living in a small dorm, or you are a lone health nut in your family, the Nutri Ninja Pro can be the best model for you:
- It makes great smoothies and protein shakes with handy lids to make it on-the-go;
- It makes it in single-serve so there would be no wastage of food;
- It is also very affordable and can be a great investment for your college or early professional years.
(*) For a home user with bigger-size family, but with a smaller budget for a Ninja blender, you get the Ninja Professional (BL660):
- Its 72 oz. pitcher, 1,100 watts power and functions can give you baby food, fun smoothies for the bigger kids, protein shakes for daddy, margarita for mommy, homemade peanut butter for everybody;
- The BL660 is an excellent balancing Ninja unit between cost and quality.
(*) However, if you are serious about your protein shakes and really want to take it up to the next level in your healthy eating, then the Ninja Chef (CT805) will make a chef out of you:
- It has the most powerful motor and I love best its dual options of auto-IQ mode and manual mode;
- This unit is multi-purpose and can be your best kitchen aid. It can make baby food, smoothies, protein shakes, salsa and dips, peanut butter, margarita, and you can also use it for baking and any other food preparation;
- This whole package of goodness may be a bit pricier than the other Ninjas but it remains very affordable compared to the higher-priced brands, but yet with the same or even better efficiency and quality.
Some people think eating healthy takes more effort than usual. Not necessarily so!
When you have efficient and effective gadgets like the Ninja blender to help you, healthy protein shakes, fruit smoothies and nutritious soups are easy and fun to make.
And do not forget to keep your precious food always fresh with best Foodsaver models for home users.