Table of Contents
- Why Do We Need The Best Ninja Blender?
- How To Pick The Best Ninja Blender
- Which Ninja Blender Is The Best For Home Use?
- Ninja Blender Reviews [2019 Update]
- Ninja Blender Comparison
- How To Use And Maintenance Ninja Blenders
Why Do We Need The Best Ninja Blender?
The Ninja brand, along with its parent brand SharkNinja, has a reputation for delivering high-powered blenders with moderate prices for consumers.
But with all the features and functions available, it can be daunting to figure out which Ninja blender will work best for our home kitchens!
- Ninja blenders have a range of different features/functions and typically, lots of power.
- Lots of power is a plus for anyone who needs to make smoothies, frozen drinks, puree foods, crush ice, and a whole lot more.
- Ninja has everything from basic countertop blenders to high-performance blenders that can process the hardest ingredients, too.
- Besides, Ninja blenders are very friendly to our budget, not as expensive as the high-end models of Vitamix or Blendtec.
It’s been five years now since I have been more conscious of what I eat and drink. In other words, I have gone the healthier route.
I do exercise and eat healthy daily. I am passionate about healthy recipes, especially love green smoothies, other nutritious drinks made from organic vegetables and fruits.
And I am very thankful for the Ninjas that have supported me a lot since then.
By my experience, I encourage you to check out the great Ninja blenders below:
Note that Ninja usually gives customers a one-year warranty, including if you order through Amazon.
The only catch is you have to go to their website to register your blender—and an extra step that ensures you’ll be able to get support and even replacement parts if you need them.
How To Pick The Best Ninja Blender
A blender might be just a blender, but that’s not so when it comes to Ninja.
Ninja blenders have so many functions and features that it can be hard to decide what ones you really need and what things you don’t.
We have to ask ourselves a few important questions first, like:
- Why do we need a Ninja blender?
- What features do we want?
- What is our budget?
Considering those points, here’s what to look for to ensure you get the most suitable Ninja blender.
We all want to own a highly effective blender to save time, effort and money.
A top quality Ninja blender needs to be well designed, has a strong motor to create a high speed that helps us get the fine mixtures as we want.
You should avoid weak models (under 1,000 watts) because you will soon be disappointed due to their limitations.
When you are trying to grind up ice or want to use your blender as a food processor to chop chickpeas into hummus, there’s a simple and easy-to-use button on the Ninja for it.
While Ninja’s versatility is impressive when it comes to what we can blend up, it’s also nice to know that we won’t be struggling with the settings each time we use it.
Yes, there are lots of buttons with different functions, but that means you simply press one for the results you want. Of course, SharkNinja is also available for tech support if you are struggling to figure out a specific setting.
- The automatic options (Auto-iQ features) are helpful because you don’t have to hold a button down or watch the blender while it runs.
- Just press the button for the run time and setting you to want, and you can handle other kitchen tasks while your Ninja does the work.
- Of course, other Ninja blenders work with manual operation, where you press down to start blending and release to stop.
Think about what features will work best for you, and then you can see which Ninja models have what you want.
We prefer the hands-free features of advanced Ninja blenders even though they are more expensive than basic models.
While standard blenders simply blend smoothies and sauces, Ninja’s machines can tackle everything from crushing ice to powder to spiralizing vegetables to kneading the dough.
People swear by their Ninjas for a variety of uses, because no matter what foods you drop into the blender, the machine can handle it.
Thinking about what features you need, consider if you want only blending functions or the additional accessories like a dough hook or a food processor bowl.
Whether you need to blitz up a smoothie or want to make homemade peanut butter from raw peanuts, there’s a Ninja blender to fit that need. And, we won’t have to manually grind, stir, or shake anything once the Ninja finishes with it!
Affordability and Budget
Budget is often a top concern for people buying a blender to use at home. After all, we want our money’s worth, and that means we need both a reliable brand and a model that is affordable.
Also, consider both the up-front cost of the blender model you want as well as the value over time.
What might seem like a significant investment could end up paying for itself within just a few months?
I’m one of those people who like to get their money’s worth, but I’m also okay with paying more up-front if it means the product will last long enough to be worth it.
Which Ninja Blender Is The Best For Home Use?
As you know above, we highly recommend the following three Ninja blenders for home users:
All three units are the best-rated blenders of Ninja that we have ever tested and used.
Let check this Ninja blender comparison chart:
The three Ninja models have common characteristics are:
- Powerful motor
- Work effectively
- Simple to use
- Easy to clean
The analysis and reviews below will provide you with more useful information about Ninja blenders to help you find out the most suitable choice.
Ninja Blender Reviews [2019 Update]
My first choice is the Ninja Chef model because it is a top-notch blender of Ninja with high performance and unlimited blending ability.
#1 Ninja Chef Blender [Best For Smoothies]
Why did we pick the Ninja Chef?
+ A high power blender
The Ninja Chef has a powerful 1,500 watts motor. It reaches speeds of 18,000 RPM when running at maximum.
Combining with four extracting blades makes our Ninja Chef equally useful for a high-end Vitamix model.
While running, the blender creates a powerful whirlpool to suck everything in the pitcher into its blade. Thanks to that, Ninja Chef can crush, liquefy any ingredients like fruits, veggies, ice cubes or nuts we put into it.
The results we have received are satiny-smooth purees and smoothies without chunks.
+ The most versatile + User-friendly blender
Some people want to set their blender and forget about it while some want all the control possible. And I’m both, at different times, so I really love the versatility of Ninja Chef blender.
The Ninja blender owns a variety of settings. You have ten manual speeds to choose from, plus ten auto settings for recipes like:
- Frozen drink
- Ice cream
- Nut butter
I love that I can either pick a setting for what I’m making or take the manual route to get something just right to fit a specific recipe.
+ Automatic cleaning feature
How neat is this: the Ninja Chef blender cleans itself! When you finish blending, you just empty any leftovers, add some hot water and dish soap, and press the Clean Program button.
As someone who doesn’t like to scrub the blender clean, especially when it means removing the blades, this is a convenient feature.
You still have to rinse afterward, but the Clean Program is handy for a pre-clean if you’re in a hurry after finishing up using your blender.
I especially like to use the automatic clean when I make things that are tougher to scrub away, like nut butter, really thick smoothies or tomato sauce, and then I can rinse it, too, to get the rest of the food off.
+ High capacity
Some people like their single-serve smoothies, and that’s great—Ninja has a blender for it, too. But I like the high capacity of the Ninja Chef for not just smoothies, but all kinds of other recipes.
I can make a lot of soup at once in the 72-ounce pitcher, grind up grains for a couple of pounds of homemade flour, or even mix up the ingredients for a tub of ice cream.
Ninja Chef’s capacity meets all the daily use needs of our four-person family.
+ A useful tamper
It is rare to find another Ninja model accompanied by a tamper as Ninja Chef has.
We appreciate this accessory. We often use it to push foods down the blade when the machine is running.
The tamper is especially useful when we need to blend thick mixtures. At that time, air pockets tend to form around the blade, and the tamper helps us burst them without having to stop the blender and enhance the efficiency of mixing.
Cons of Ninja Chef
- It is quite noisy. With 1,500 watts, the Ninja Chef has lots of power and also makes a fair bit of noise. Of course, most blenders aren’t so quiet, but this is worth mentioning if noise is a problem for you.
- No included to-go cups. Many of Ninja’s systems come with to-go cups with twist-on lids. Therefore, if you want to make single-serve smoothies, frozen drinks or shakes, you need to buy the cups separately.
- The Ninja blender also lacks a pouring part on the pitcher and lid. This makes users a bit difficult when serving liquids. So be more careful!
I really like the style, multi-features, and performance of Ninja Chef blender. I’m delighted with the quality of the mixtures it made.
It can be said that the Ninja Chef is the best ninja blender to make creamy smoothies, tasty drinks, puree baby food, and much more.
A very worthwhile choice for home cooks to explore and experience the new recipes. The Ninja will be a powerful assistant helps us pursue healthy eating.
My second pick is the most advanced model of Ninja. This device has an impressive design, convenient and unique additional features.
#2 Ninja Smart Screen [Best Dual Blender]
Why did we pick the Ninja Smart Blender?
+ A powerful and effective blender
The Smart Ninja has a maximum capacity of 1400 watts. Although its power and speed are slightly lower than Ninja Chef’s, this is still a powerful blender.
This Ninja blender is equipped with 6-stacked blades for total crushing ice and frozen ingredients in a minute. It can help family cooks make wonderful fruit smoothies, fresh margaritas and more.
Besides the ability to blend smooth and consistent mixtures, this Ninja model’s stacked blade set can also chop fruits and vegetables exceedingly similar to a real food processor.
+ Excellent touch screen for controls
With its touchscreen display, I know why they call this blender smart! You just press a touch or two, and you can get perfectly blended foods and drinks.
- The Ninja blender has seven different Auto-iQ programs to make things from smoothies to ice cream in just one press of a button. Pre-programmed cycles need not be guessed!
- The advanced Ninja model uses Smart Vessel Recognition, which means it knows what container you’re using to blend in.
- When you put the 72-ounce pitcher on, for example, it shows you the menu on the digital screen for that specific vessel. That way, you can choose from any of the pre-set programs easily.
- The touch screen displays blending options clearly, and it is responsive like a high-end smartphone.
- Besides, you also have three manual settings to customize according to the recipes you want.
Although the customization and functions of the Ninja Smart blender are not as diverse as Ninja Chef, we still highly appreciate the combination of automatic and manual settings.
+ Included single-serve cups
Although most of the Ninja blenders work with a large pitcher and single-serve vessels, they don’t all come with both pieces. This one has them all, however.
- A large 72-ounce FreshVac pitcher with lid
- Two 20-ounce FreshVac to-go cups with sip & seal lids
And you can use both of the sizes directly on the Ninja blender, which makes it convenient for making one serving of something—then we don’t have to wash the whole pitcher.
These single-serve cups are also especially handy when we want to enjoy drinks on the go.
+ FreshVac Pump for better smoothies
Another feature of the Ninja Smart is a cool piece of technology. The FreshVac Pump lets you remove oxygen from whatever you’re blending. But why is this a great feature?
- FreshVac Pump removes oxygen out of jars before blending.
- Lack of oxygen means food stays longer.
- Blended smoothies or other recipes remain good for up to eight hours.
- There’s less foam and air in the drink when you take a sip. Quality, taste, color of your drinks are all improved.
This addition of Ninja Smart blender is very remarkable; it contributes to changing the game of smoothies nowadays. Its food preservation technology is similar to a vacuum sealer.
The disadvantages of Ninja Smart
- Like Ninja Chef, this blender is also quite noisy, so we should not use it when babies are sleeping.
- The Ninja model comes with more accessories than Ninja Chef so you will need more space to store them. It’s quite cumbersome!
- FreshVac technology is right, but it also requires a bit of skill and practice so we can master it.
- Also, FreshVac technology may not be necessary for some people. For them, it would be an unnecessary cost.
- It is better if the Ninja Smart blender has a pre-set cleaning program like Ninja Chef has.
- Its stacked blades occupy more space in the blending pitcher than the traditional blades of Ninja Chef. It is separate and also very sharp, so we are careful when using and cleaning.
So far, the Ninja Smart Screen is the smartest blender I’ve ever met!
- The auto-sensing function where it figures out what blending jar you’re using is beneficial for picking the right setting.
- The touch screen is intuitive, modern and very easy-to-clean.
- Being able to take the air out of drinks is excellent for both taste and keeping things fresh.
We also love the FreshVac Pump, and we were surprised to see that it makes a difference in the flavor, color, and texture of smoothies.
Another plus is that we can quickly turn it into a top blender food processor combo with just buying an extra precision processor bowl.
3rd place in our best Ninja list is a standard model.
The Ninja Pro Blender is more affordable than the Ninja Smart Screen, but still packs lots of desirable features.
#3 Ninja Professional Blender [Affordable]
Why did we love the Ninja Pro?
Although most high-powered Ninja blenders are over a hundred dollars or more, the Ninja Professional is more of an entry-level unit concerning cost.
The Ninja model has a large pitcher, two to-go cups, and plenty of power in 1,100 Watts, but it doesn’t have a touchscreen or other smart features that drive up the cost.
Although the Ninja Professional blender is less expensive than other blender systems, it has the same standard equipment as the others do.
So while it may not have extra features or functions, it does the essential job of a blender without frills.
- Has 1,100 Watts of power
- Has both a 72-ounce pitcher that is great for crushing ice, frozen fruits or making salsa
- The single-serve function and travel cups are indispensable to make nutritious drinks to sip on the way…
If you want a basic duo blender that can handle pureeing and chopping up nearly anything but don’t want to take up the entire counter of your kitchen, the Ninja Professional is a GREAT choice.
The Ninja is compact, doesn’t have a ton of extra accessories to store, and it doesn’t have unique pieces just for one function.
Limitations of Ninja Pro
- No smart features, no pre-set programs; buttons are manual, and you can’t walk away while it’s going, or you may over-blend your recipes.
- Can be tough to figure out what setting to use if you are familiar with using a more intuitive touch screen or automatic-setting blender.
- It has weaker power, lower speed than the above two high-end Ninja models, so its performance is also lower. You should avoid performing difficult blending tasks like “thin” green smoothies.
- Just like Ninja Smart Screen, be careful when assembling, removing and cleaning its stacked blades because they are very sharp.
The Ninja Professional is a powered and efficient blender that achieves most of the functions we want out of a blender without any frills.
You can mix either a full pitcher of food or use the small cups to make single servings, and it just comes to down to knowing how the settings work so that you can achieve the right blend for the food you’re preparing.
It can be said that it is the best Ninja blender under $100.
Ninja Blender Comparison
In this comparison, we will compare these three Ninja blenders together to clarify the differences between them further.
Overall Ninja blenders comparison chart
- In terms of blending ability, Ninja Chef is the model that can create the smoothest smoothies, the most beautiful textures. Because the Ninja Chef can build stronger vortices than the other two Ninjas. This is achieved by its blade design plus the high speed it creates when running.
- The Ninja Chef also excelled over the other two models with the ability to customize the speed and variety of settings. It is the perfect combination of an automatic model with a manual model. That makes it easy to create your favorite recipes.
- Ninja Smart‘s touch screen gives the impression of its modern look. This design is also optimal for cleaning and combating wear and tear during use.
- Ninja Chef does not have single serving cups like the other two Ninja models. While Ninja Smart owns two 20 oz. to-go cups plus smart jar recognition, it makes it the best dual blender for home users.
- When compared to extra features, Ninja Smart continues to win the other two Ninjas because it is equipped with FreshVac technology. But this also makes it more expensive than regular dual Ninja models.
- If you want to buy a compact and affordable model, then Ninja Pro is best suited for you because it is the most compact and the most accessible of our three Ninja blenders.
Conclusion, each Ninja blender has its advantages and disadvantages. Which Ninja do you choose depends on what you want and what you have?
In personal opinion, I’ve picked Ninja Chef as the best Ninja blender!
How To Use And Maintenance Ninja Blenders
Proper use and maintenance of your blenders are critical to their performance and longevity.
Here are some useful tips and tricks for Ninja users:
- First of all, you should always read the user guide that came with your model before use. You need to know how it works first!
- Do not overfill, always looking at the maximum line on your blending jars. And also make sure to fill at least 1/3 of your container before blending.
- Add enough liquid to your mixtures, which may be water, juice or milk. That is essential since it ensures the effective blending of your blender as well as the consistency and smoothness of your mixtures.
- Follow this order when adding ingredients to your pitcher: the softer parts and liquid put into the container first, make sure they are as close to the blade as possible; followed by the harder foods and finally ice cubes.
- To enhance the blending effectiveness, pulse several times before mixing, and use the tamper whenever you need to remix the mixture in the pitcher.
- You also should not use XL pitcher and 6-stacked blades of Ninja Duo models to grind flax seeds or grains because its 6-blades is about 1 inch from the bottom of the pitcher. It is recommended to use single serve cups with the traditional blade for replacement;
- You should clean your blender right after making smoothies.
- To keep the plastic pitcher and cups of Ninja durable, you should not wash them in your dishwasher even though the manufacturer is labeled “dishwasher safe;”
- The safest way to clean is to add a few drops of dishwashing liquid and a sufficient amount of water into your pitcher or cups and run the blender for tens of seconds, then rinse the parts under running water. With Ninja Chef, you run the automatic cleaning mode.
Happy blending with Ninja!