Table of Contents
- Why Do We Need Best Blender Food Processors?
- How To Pick The Best Blender Food Processor Combo
- What Is The Best Blender/Food Processor Combo In 2019?
- Detailed Reviews & Comparison
- Wrapped Up
Why Do We Need Best Blender Food Processors?
Do you have a blender at home? And a food processor, too? Let me introduce you to a great product that is a combination of these two – blender food processor combo.
Let us backtrack a bit and review what exactly are the functions of these two kitchen appliances.
- A blender is a high-speed machine, meant to pulverize or liquefy food, crush ice for smoothies, frozen drinks, and even make hot soups.
- In contrast, a food processor is a slower machine compared to a blender, with different blades for different processes, like chopping, slicing fruits and vegetables, grating cheese, even kneading the dough.
Clear benefits of best blender food processor combo
You must be wondering if I have both machines, why bother with a third one – the combo? You can sell off the two old ones, and get yourself a new combo and enjoy these benefits:
- Get a versatile and resourceful guy. Enjoy the features and functions of the two equipment in one machine. You can chop fruits and vegetables, make smoothies, knead dough and make soup in just one device.
- Save on money. If you don’t have any of that equipment yet, buying the combo will save you a great deal of money. If you already have one of those or both, you can sell old ones off and invest on a new combo instead.
- Save counter space. Instead of two kitchen toys, you save a lot of space with just one. An excellent choice for narrow kitchens!
- Save preparation and clean-up time. When preparing a big dinner with cocktails, main courses, and desserts, there is no need to change equipment. Just switch up blades and possibly, containers. That is a great convenience!
Top 4 combos of blender and food processor are recommended for home users:
|Oster Pro Combo|
|Ninja Smart Combo|
|Ninja Mega Combo|
|Ninja Master Prep|
How To Pick The Best Blender Food Processor Combo
To have a non-biased and objective comparison, let us compare the different brands and models using the same criteria:
The power of the machine
- The wattage of the motor measures this. The higher the wattage, the more powerful it is.
- Our guy should be able to effectively process and liquify if applicable, fruits and vegetables with much fiber and hard ice without breaking down or overheating.
- Also, it has to blend all the ingredients smoothly.
Options on settings and functions
- Some blender food processor combos are purely manual, while some have mixed set-ups of being both automatic (or pre-set) and manual.
- Some prefer manual as it gives them more freedom and leeway to control the speed and the time.
- Some opt for automatic because you mostly just press a button and you can do something else and just come back for it when it’s done.
- Whether you like it manual or automatic will depend on your habits, hobbies or recipes.
- Besides, choosing which combo also depends on your budget, the model has fewer settings and functions; its price will be more pleasant.
Accessories and attachments
- These may include the jars, its shape, material, capacity, and also the blades.
- Most jars are made of BPA-free Tritan plastic or polycarbonate, both very lightweight and durable.
- Some food professionals want glass jars – the safest choice with food and the environment, but they are also heavy and fragile.
- You may also want the model which comes with more sizes of jars – for single servings and big batches.
- For the blade, you want edges that extend almost to the sides of the jar. This way, the food bits will be reached by the blade.
- The usual problems you can have over time and usage of our blender food processors are that the motor burns out or the jar has a crack or a leak. Like everything, it would really happen due to wear and tear so check out the warranty.
- While price is a significant consideration when making purchases, we also have to look into what we are paying for – quality, accessories included and the warranty.
Ease of cleaning
- Cleaning up is still part of the preparation process so we need to choose equipment that will not require a rocket scientist to clean it.
- You need to consider if it is dishwasher-friendly and if the blades are detachable for more natural cleaning.
What Is The Best Blender/Food Processor Combo In 2019?
With many years of experience, We strongly recommend the following combos for home users. All are high quality and reliable models.
Detailed Reviews & Comparison
Let continue with our reviews and comparisons to get useful information for the journey of finding a combo that best fits your needs and budget.
Our first choice is a GREAT combo from the Oster brand. This model is a 3-in-1 combination of full-sized blender + single-serve blender + mini food processor.
Its price and functions are suitable for most home users to make smoothies and prepare food daily.
[Best Budget Combo For Most People]
Why did we like the Oster model?
- The Oster blender captured my feelings at first glance because of the clean and bright design. Its size is also fitting to my kitchen counter.
- Motor power of the Oster Pro plus its dual-direction blade technology that blends in forward then reverses to make sure every bit is chopped or liquified smoother and faster.
- I also appreciate the metal drive shaft of the machine. It resists better wear and durability than drives made of plastic or rubber.
- Its price is very affordable considering its features, and the Oster name is a well-known, old and traditional brand that has been producing quality products for decades.
- The combination of its powerful motor, hi-tech blade and useful attachments makes the Oster a mean combo in chopping, slicing, liquifying and mixing and more.
- Easy to operate with its automatic settings for smoothies, chopping and blending milkshakes. For manual options, the speed settings are low, medium, high and pulse.
- Easy to clean model. Put hot water inside blending jars, add a drop of dishwashing liquid, then run the machine to clean the blades and inside thoroughly. When done, pour out the soapy water and rinse out.
- Sometimes I was afraid to clean my hands; I was utterly carefree to throw the glass pitcher into the dishwasher because glass is not as easily damaged as plastic.
Disadvantages of the Oster Pro
- There is one thing that I don’t like about this Oster blender and that it is inconvenient, that it has only one blade base for users to interchange between glass pitcher and single-serve cup when making smoothies or other drinks.
- This is not only inconvenient but also increases the risk of liquid leakage when blended if we twist it incorrectly. Therefore, users need to be careful when interchanging.
- Also, the Oster model cannot knead dough for making pizza or cookies because its food processor capacity is limited and lack of kneading blade.
The Oster Pro model is a good mix of technology and manual settings. It is not fancy and does not come with bells and whistles, but its motor is powerful to chop, pulverize, make smoothies, and mix.
You can push a pre-set button to make smoothies automatically, or you can opt to go manual and have more control by just pressing the Pulse button until your smoothies reach the consistency you want.
Even the tough vegetables and fruits like kale, carrots or beets can be pulverized to make beautifully-blended smoothies. The Oster blender can also make great frozen drinks with any ingredients.
Besides, its food processor can do very well cutting, slicing vegetables for your favorite salsas, salads, and it also does a great job of grating cheese.
Your preparation time in the kitchen will be dramatically shorter with this helpmate.
For its reasonable price, this is the best budget unit for home cooks who have just started experimenting on various dishes. The Oster Pro blender with a food processor can quickly become your new best friend in the kitchen.
If you are looking for a smarter, more powerful and versatile model than the Oster Pro blender, this Ninja Smart Screen Kitchen System is for you.
It can be said that this is the best Ninja blender and food processor combo with many advanced features and useful accessories.
[Top-notch blender food processor]
Why did we pick the Smart Ninja?
- This motor is a beast, tearing up vegetables, fruits, ice and everything else.
- The FreshVac technology using the FreshVac pump that removes oxygen before blending similar to a Foodsaver. This makes the drink last longer, plus it preserves the vitamins and nutrients of our fruits and vegetables.
- FreshVac pump goes on top of the vessel, in its designated spot on the lid. Just press one button, and the suction will operate.
- It has many pre-set programs that remember the vessel attached and pulls up the usual preference for said vessel. This feature is Smart Vessel Recognition.
- The times when we need to customize and process our own recipes have the help of manual modes.
- The powerful Ninja combo is capable of supporting you to perform most tasks to blend smoothies and frozen drinks, make margaritas and salsas, grate cheese, slice veggies for salads, even make pie and pizza doughs – the task the Oster model can’t.
- We also appreciate the touch screen of this Ninja unit. It displays clearly and beautifully and is also easy to clean.
Disadvantages of the Smart Ninja
- Some users have complained that the seal on the FreshVac Pump tends to leak out liquids, possibly sucking it out which accounts for the significant amount that gets out.
- Also, that the pump can only last through a few vacuum processes, and soon, with wear and tear, it wouldn’t be able to keep out the air that’s been pumped out.
- And, of course, there are some who are surprised by the loud noise of the unit. But any blender food processor unit will be noisy, and the higher the wattage is, or the more powerful the motor is, the louder it is.
- This combo of Ninja gives us full dedicated accessories. That is convenient but bulky. You will need a lot of space to store them.
Among the different brands and models, Ninja Smart Screen Combo is the fanciest, and understandably, the most expensive.
Aside from its sleek technology and strong motor, you pay for the premium feature of the FreshVac pump, which promises to deliver fresher and healthier beverages. However, it seems it has not been perfected yet, and alterations have to be done to prevent leaking out and quick wear and tear.
You will enjoy the ease of using Ninja Smart Screen with its auto-IQ pre-set functions. It is so smart it can even recognize the vessel you are using, and pull out the standard settings for it.
For instance, the large Pitcher will display on screen options for a frozen drink, smoothie, ice cream, and puree. Just choose which button to press, and it will operate by itself. Should you wish to go manual, the settings are low, high and pulse.
If you are a professional cook or a home cook who has done and experimented with thousands of recipes, the amazing blender food processor combo will make you even smarter in the kitchen.
With its automatic functions, you can multi-task and attend to other food preparations at the same time your vegetables are being chopped.
Next is the best alternative to the Ninja Smart Combo above. This machine is suitable for those who are not willing to give up extra dollars for advanced features and additional accessories.
The Ninja blender/food processor is a powerful model that can help you blend smoothies, chop and mix vegetables, even knead dough quickly and efficiently.
[A Powerful Combo]
Why is it a quality option?
- What can attract you the most to this Ninja Mega Kitchen Combo is the power of its motor – at 1500 watts, it is the biggest one among the other brands and models. It can make a 2-lb. dough in mere seconds.
- Old school kitchen masters will not mind that its purely manual operations, but the millennial chefs who like to multi-task may find this a disadvantage.
- In essence, manual settings mean total control of the process. For instance, how fine you want the onions chopped will depend on the number of pulses you push. The size also remains consistent and even.
- The assortment of accessories gives many options – the bowl for food processing, and you can either make smoothies in batches for the entire family with the big jar, or you can make individual sizes with lids for single-serving cups, so it’s ready to go.
- When you use this big a motor for these frozen drinks, you can expect the smoothest beverages because it will make snow out of the ice, and even the toughest fruits and vegetables can be easily pulverized.
- For its price, the combo of blender and food processor is an excellent investment for home cooks because of its multiple uses.
- This is fitting for old-fashioned home cooks who are serious about trying and working on cooking, and willing to experiment and expand to other methods of food preparation, but wanting to be able to control operations, thus preferring this manual unit.
- And, if you love smoothies and protein shakes, this is your go-to choice for the smoothest ones, with less work and less prep time.
Some of its drawbacks
- This Ninja Mega Combo is entirely manual; there are no automated programs like Ninja Smart combo above. This deficiency does not allow you to work in hands-free mode, but requires you to guess the fineness and consistency of the mixtures you are blending or processing.
- The food processing bowl of Ninja model also lacks some necessary accessories for processing veggies such as a reversible shredding/slicing disc and integrated feed tube to add ingredients during processing.
The last position is a small guy of Ninja brand, it is not as strong as the above models, and the way it works is also different from the rest.
Although Ninja Master Prep has limitations in strength and functionality, it is invincible in terms of cost. This Ninja model is the most affordable combo of blender and food processor!
[Best combo for money]
Why did we like it?
- The price of this Ninja combo is fantastic for every home cooks.
- It is a novelty that instead of plugging it indirectly, a power pod is used instead, and is attached to whatever vessel you choose to use.
- Each container has its own blade, so pretty much, it is a unit by itself, and only the power pod is the one being moved from one container to the other.
- Its three different size containers are very flexible for food processing, especially suitable for chopping and mixing in single-serving batches.
- The blade design spreads out the blades evenly, so it gets to all the food, and not just the ones in the bottom of the vessel.
- The 40-oz and 48-oz containers have spouts where you can pour in liquid while it’s blending, without having to remove the lid.
- The combo of Ninja is straightforward to assemble and operate. All tasks are done only by pressing and holding the PULSE button until you reach the consistency you want.
Disadvantages of the combo
- Its lower wattage means its motor is not as powerful as the others. It almost does not have enough power to crush seeds and liquify hard vegetables. It also does not blend well to make smoothies so smooth.
- Besides, this blender/food processor combo has only one speed in pulse mode. That is quite limited and also not handy. I prefer a hands-free setting.
- Undeniably the Ninja Master Prep is great to prepare food, but it would be better if it offers smoothie cups for single serving.
When you buy equipment, it is meant to make your tasks more comfortable and faster. For the Ninja Master Prep Pro, it can only do a half-baked job. Meaning, it would still require some manual effort to get better results.
For instance, carrots may be cut into small pieces before being processed. If the carrot is uncut, it would mean longer time for the motor to cut it to little bits, because the motor is not powerful enough to do it on its own.
This pre-preparation is necessary when you want to puree baby food, make smoothies and frozen drinks or chop tough vegetables.
Maybe one good thing about the interchangeable power pod is when you are doing different preparations and using separate containers, it becomes easier to be able to slip to/from under the processing bowls to get the pod in/out.
Not only is it easy to use but this affordable Ninja is also one of the best food processor and blender on the market.
As home cooks, you want to discover new ways to make cooking less work and take less time. You also want to experiment with new recipes or new ideas for cooking.
Those reasons are enough to make you need a blender food processor combo that can be fully utilized and maximized to perform multiple tasks.
Picking out the best one can be a challenge because of the many choices you have – different brands, different models, different features.
Well, we have narrowed down the choices to our favorites, and have given a very objective assessment of each. We hope that this would be helpful as you decide which one to invest on.
Remember, think ahead! Don’t limit your machine to techniques and food materials you are just used to; choose the best combo like Ninja Smart Screen or Oster Pro that can do more and grow with you in your adventures as a home cook.