Table of Contents
Why Do We Need The Best Blender Food Processor?
Do you have a blender at home? And a food processor, too? Let me introduce you to a great product that is a combination of these two – blender food processor combo.
Let us backtrack a bit and review what exactly are the functions of these two kitchen appliances.
- A blender is a high-speed machine, meant to pulverize or liquefy food for use in drinks, smoothies, and soups.
- If you are into protein shakes and smoothies, chances are you have a blender at home because it is really meant to make silky textures from your favorite ingredients.
- In contrast, a food processor is a slower machine compared to a blender, with different blades for different processes, like chopping fruits and vegetables, grating cheese, and working on the dough.
- It is meant to replace manual tasks of actual chopping or kneading, which can take longer, but with a food processor, can only take seconds or minutes and with lesser or no muscle pain.
Clear benefits of best blender food processor combo
You must be wondering if I have both machines, why bother with a third one – the combo? You can sell off the two old ones, and get yourself a new combo and enjoy these benefits:
1. Get a versatile and resourceful guy
Enjoy the features and functions of the two equipment in one machine. You can chop fruits and vegetables, make smoothies, knead dough and make soup in just one device.
2. Save on money
If you don’t have any of that equipment yet, buying the combo will save you a great deal of money. If you already have one of those or both, you can sell old ones off and invest on a new combo instead.
3. Save counter space
Instead of two kitchen toys, you save a lot of space with just one. An excellent choice for narrow kitchens!
4. Save preparation and clean-up time
When preparing a big dinner with cocktails, main courses, and desserts, there is no need to change equipment. Just switch up blades and possibly, containers. That is a great convenience!
How To Pick The Best Blender Food Processor Combo
To have a non-biased and objective comparison, let us compare the different brands and models using the same criteria:
The power of the machine
- The wattage of the motor measures this. The higher the wattage, the more powerful it is.
- Our guy should be able to effectively process and liquify if applicable, fruits and vegetables with much fiber and hard ice without breaking down or overheating.
- Also, it has to blend all the ingredients smoothly.
Options on settings and functions
- Some blender food processor combos are purely manual, while some have mixed set-ups of being both automatic (or pre-set) and manual.
- Some prefer manual as it gives them more freedom and leeway to control the speed and the time.
- Some opt for automatic because you mostly just press a button and you can do something else and just come back for it when it’s done.
- Whether you like it manual or automatic will depend on your habits, hobbies or recipes.
- Besides, choosing which combo also depends on your budget, the model has fewer settings and functions; its price will be more pleasant.
Accessories and attachments
- These may include the jars, its shape, material, capacity, and also the blades.
- Most jars are made of BPA-free Tritan plastic or polycarbonate, both very lightweight and durable.
- Some food professionals want glass jars – the safest choice with food and the environment, but they are also heavy and fragile.
- You may also want the model which comes with more sizes of jars – for single servings and big batches.
- For the blade, you want edges that extend almost to the sides of the jar. This way, the food bits will be reached by the blade.
- The usual problems you can have over time and usage of our blender food processors are that the motor burns out or the jar has a crack or a leak. Like everything, it would really happen due to wear and tear so check out the warranty.
- While price is a significant consideration when making purchases, we also have to look into what we are paying for – quality, accessories included and the warranty.
Ease of cleaning
- Cleaning up is still part of the preparation process so we need to choose equipment that will not require a rocket scientist to clean it.
- You need to consider if it is dishwasher-friendly and if the blades are detachable for more natural cleaning.